Error connecting to the server

Error connecting to the server

by mahendra Bandaru -
Number of replies: 22

Hi,

I am getting error like "Error connecting to the server" when uploading a scorm course size 200MB.

My php.ini file was set as 

upload_max_filesize=10000M

Post_max_size=10000M

Max_execution_time=600

Even I am getting server error .

what should be i do ?

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks&Regards,

Mahendra

Attachment Capture.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mahendra Bandaru

Re: Error connecting to the server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Firstly, don't make those max filesizes in php.ini 'crazy' big. You can sometimes break the settings by exceeding some internal limit. Make them more realistic.

If that doesn't fix it, switch on Debugging and try again. Check your web server error log immediately after reproducing the problem. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by mahendra Bandaru -

Thanks Howard Miller for your response.

I have changed my uploaded file sizes as

upload_max_file size=1024M

Post_max_size=1024M

Max_execution_time=60

Even also I am getting same error. Is there any changes to apply ?

I hope you can help me..

Thanks

Mahendra

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Firstly, I deleted your other posts. Please do not post about the same problem more than once wink

What happened when you switched on Debugging and checked the logs as I suggested above?

As this is a javascript error, you should also reproduce the error with the javascript console open on your browser (e.g., on Chrome, View > Developer > JavaScript Console) and look out for errors there. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by mahendra Bandaru -

Hi,

I have checked in the console of developers tool and issue i got is  given in the below screen shot. 

When i clicked on that error it is reproducing the below mentioned error.

{"error":"A required parameter (sesskey) was missing","stacktrace":null,"debuginfo":null,"reproductionlink":null}

Thanks in advance..!!

Attachment Capture1.PNG

by Howard Miller -

For the third (and last) time. Did you turn on Debugging and check the web server error log for any other messages?

by Torsten Händler -

whats your permissions of the moodledata folder? or did it work with smaller files?

In reply to Torsten Händler

by mahendra Bandaru -

Hi Torsten Händler,

Greeting for the day....

My permission for moodledata folder is ADMIN, yes it is working for smaller files less than 100 MB.

I am expecting solution from you. 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Mahendra

by Torsten Händler -

Like Howard say, activate debugging mode in the admin settings or add

$CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT);

$CFG->debugdisplay = 1;

to you config.php  and look if there are any other errors,

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.

by Tia J -

I was having the same issue. Mine turned out to be that although I had set the parameters in the php.ini file, and checked the max limit in the apache configuration file, I still could not upload large files. Upon checking the ssl_error_log, I received the below message:

[Fri Feb 20 11:02:00 2015] [error] [client 10.3.251.104] ModSecurity: Request body (Content-Length) is larger than the configured limit (13107200). [hostname "moodle.example.org"] [uri "/repository/repository_ajax.php"] [unique_id "VOdoiM3K-W8AAHwbvPcAAAAB"]

SecRequestBodyLimit 13107200

SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 131072

SecRequestBodyInMemoryLimit 131072

Mod security was not allowing files above a certain limit, so smaller files were accepted. Comment out, remove, or update those lines and restart web the service.

In reply to Tia J

by Owen Grubbs -
In reply to Owen Grubbs

by lee kirkland -

This was my issue, the freaking filter request limit... I mean who knew that even existed or played a part in this?!?! Linux is so much easier for this stuff. 

In reply to Tia J

by John Leonard -

Dear Tia,

Thanks for posting about mod_security my site has been having all manner of upload issues and your solution pointed me towards the solution.

John

In reply to John Leonard

by RTR Admin -

Having this issue when trying to upload a course that is roughly 128M. My max upload and post are set to a reasonable 250M. I turned on debugging, and receiving an ERR connection reset in JS. I cleared my cookies, reset PHP and still can't upload the file. Any help would be great.

In reply to RTR Admin

by Don Kan -

Hi all

I have the same error when i try to upload a file over 2.5 MB.

When i do this from a computer in the same LAN of the Moodle installation, then there is no problem.

Any ideas?

In reply to Don Kan

by RTR Admin -

It usually has to do with your PHP environment. It could be max post or max execution time. Based on your description, I would say max execution time is too low. 

In reply to RTR Admin

by Don Kan -

Well here is my phpinfo

post_max_size50M
max_execution_time600
max_file_uploads20
max_input_time600
file_uploadsOn

I use php as cgi-fpm

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Don Kan

by Don Kan -

I finally figured it out by increasing the values above

request_slowlog_timeout = 600s (from 30s)
request_terminate_timeout = 600s (from 30s)

in the pool.d/ configuration file (php5-fpm)

In reply to Don Kan

by RTR Admin -

It's great you were able to figure it out. We weren't dealing with the same problem, but "error connecting to server" message usually has to do with the PHP environment since it is handling the server side scripts. My problem was with loading files over 100MB, and it was not particular to where I was connected to the network. Unfortunately, the error listed is a generic error for all server side errors, if you were unable to find the problem I would have suggested turning on your developer tools within your browser to get a more specific idea of what was going on. That is how I solved my problem, oh yeah, I forgot to add that I solve my problem shortly after this post. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

In reply to RTR Admin

by Kees van Heuven -

HI there,

I'd like to install the mod_vpl plugin for my courses but i get the " error connecting to server" when i am trying to upload the zip file... I thik it has something to do with the file size. Can you help me  out a little bit?  i a the admin of the moodle server but not sure what to do...

With kind regards,

Kees van Heuven

Assendelft, Holland

In reply to RTR Admin

by Kees van Heuven -

Hi there,

It appears it where connection issue's, i trie'd to upload from a different loacation and it completed but there was a new problem, i have made e printscreen, i hope you can help me out..

The erro message is "check write acces" i will see if i can figure it out but maybe the folder structure is wrong?

Thanks in advanced.

Kees van Heuven

Attachment Moodle_mod_vpl.png
In reply to Kees van Heuven

by Kees van Heuven -

Hi there,

I have solved it, i granted some more rights to the folder and now it is up and running, this is really awesome!

Keep it up.

Greetings,

Kees van Heuven