Enrolment expiration action issues

Enrolment expiration action issues

by James Henestofel -
Number of replies: 0

We just recently started using this setting. 

We have it set to "Disable course enrollment and remove roles" when a users enrollment period expires.  The issue that we are having is that when a student un-enrols we set the expire date through the "Upload Users" utility. The user's enrollment then expires and they are processed as the setting says(Suspended and student role removed).  But if that user re-enrolls into the course when we run the "Upload Users" utility to re-add them to the class their enrollment period is fixed and they are given the role of student again but they are not "Un-suspended".  So I keep getting calls from students saying I'm enrolled but can't access.  When I go in I have to set their enrollment to active.

I could solve this if in the "Upload Users" utility you could set the users enrollment status.  I've actually created a tracker issue for this a while back but made no headway in getting feedback.

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-38155

Is my setup for enrolling and un-enrolling users incorrect or can I do something to remove that suspension and change it to active if they re-enroll?  NOTE: I cannot use the setting "Unenrol users" so that no user data performed in the course is lost.

Average of ratings: -