Different prices for the same course with PAYPAL

Different prices for the same course with PAYPAL

by Jimena Martínez -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

I am using the enrolment method with PayPal and all works well. But I need to have different prices for the same course, because there are a group of discounts. For example, I have my course COURSE ONE, and I want different persons pay different cost for it depending on the discount they have. PERSON ONE is a student, so he pays 100 €, PERSON TWO is not a student, so he pays 125 €, and so on

Do you know if I can choose differente costs for the same course using MOODLE? Or if it is possible to connect the course on MOODLE with my predefined buttons on PAYPAL? I think this is another possible option..

Thank you very much

Jimena

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jimena Martínez

Re: Different prices for the same course with PAYPAL

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This not something that the standard PayPal enrolment plugin supports. I don't (off the top of my head), know if there is a plugin out there that does support this feature, but I do know (having looked through the PayPal enrolment code quite recently), that it would only take a competent Moodle developer a few hours to make a custom version of the PayPal plugin that did what you are asking (the hardest part would be identifying which users were eligible for each category).

In reply to Davo Smith

by Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -

There is an option in paypal for "donations" where the client enters the amount to pay. How this would work in Moodle I don't know, but I can not see why the Moodle plug in could not be pointed to this option.

by Doug Bell -

Hello,

I received info from a company that has an asdd on to do exactly what you want and I am looking at using it. It was located at:

www.coursemerchant.com

I have not sgined up with them yet, butthey seem fairly reasonable.

Doug

In reply to Doug Bell

by Jimena Martínez -

Hi

Thank you very much. I will try this and the other options.

I think the best option for us will be the customizing of the Moodle code to allow show different prices for the same course

Do you know where can we find somebody who want to do that?

Thank you

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'd have offered myself, except that I've already commited all my development time to other projects.

Unless someone else steps forward here, or contacts you directly, the next option is to contact one of the Moodle partners listed at http://moodle.com (as a developer, I've had dealings with Synergy Learning, SchoolAnywhere and Pteppic in the UK, but can't speak for any of the other Moodle partners).

by Doug Bell -

I am using 1.9 version

by Tammy Pritcher -

Hello - I was wondering if you found any resolution to your problem - I am trying to do the same thing and am having difficulties with Groups & Roles - I'm very interested in knowing how you've handled your situation.  tammy@stgsc.com is my personal email address