Site news (No news has been posted yet) Problem!

Site news (No news has been posted yet) Problem!

by John Smith -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

The Site News block content that I create under my admin account never displays  on the landing page of my Moodle site. I only see Site news (No news has been posted yet) heading without any content (ie. text, attachment). I have also specified that this block be visible by way fo the the Frontpage setting as well.

I can see the news item upon logging in, however, I wish that it appears on the frontpage.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Ettore

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Smith

Re: Site news (No news has been posted yet) Problem!

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Ettore

A site admin can only add a topic to the site news forum. Might be  a admin has not added any item yet.

If you want to show it to non-logged in users too on the front page then go to Settings > Front page settings > Edit settings . Then select News items for front page options. Moreover you can select the number of news items to show on front page.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by John Smith -

Hi,

I have created a topic as admin and have gone about configuring the front page settings as suggested. Still nothing. The post does appear upon logon but not on the Frontpage where I would like it to appear.

Any ideas?

In reply to John Smith

by Sakshi Goel -

can you please post the screenshot where you would like to aapear and where it is appearing (full screenshot)

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by John Smith -

I have attached to screenshots (Snap1 and Snap2). Snap 1 is the Frontpage where you can the Site News area without any content I have added. Snap 2 is the Home area where you will see the New items and the contents (i.e Test).

Might this be a database error?

Attachment Snap1.png
Attachment Snap2.png
In reply to John Smith

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi,  I am not getting what is happening at your site. I have tried so many things at my localhost but nothing prevents like this. Might be some some, you can try with debugging on at your site, set it to developer and display debug message to yes.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by John Smith -

This was the solution to my problem.

In order to display certain blocks on your front page you must do the following:

Login as admin. Go to Site Adminsitration -> Users -> Permissions -> User Policies.
Then enable Auto-login guests option.