Error in Moodle 2.5

Error in Moodle 2.5

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings - we uploaded 2.5 in our test server this summer and I have working in it as we wished to upgrade before fall term.  We have not upgraded since I keep encountering the following error message:

The error appeared after I had created a variety of Question types in the Question Bank and then added them to a Quiz.  After the first error I deleted the quiz and deleted the questions - rebuilt the Question bank and the Quiz and I still receive the error message.  We then reloaded 2.5 and uploaded our basic files - courses and accounts to test in 2.5. Rebuilt the quiz with questions again - and still see the message. I was also receiving an error message when I went to preview the quiz.  I am hoping someone can kindly give me some very basic information on what is the problem with our installation. 

As always I thank everyone for all of the support and information at Moodle.org  

Nancy K - Khalifa University

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Error in Moodle 2.5

by Nancy K Hoke -

Just one more thought our test server has worked fine as we moved to 2.3.  We have not upgraded to 2.4.  Do we need to upgrade to 2.4 and then to 2.5?

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Error in Moodle 2.5

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Nancy,

If I am not mistaken, you have the Course Dedication plugin installed. It is for Moodle 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 and you are running it on Moodle 2.3. It needs to be updated to be fully compatible with Moodle 2.3 and above.

A quick look at the Course Dedication plugin page at Moodle.org, shows an entry from July that leads me to believe the maintainer is probably working on an upgrade that will fix it.

You might want to contact them and see.

AL