Advanced Forum Search Results

Advanced Forum Search Results

by Keith C -
Number of replies: 3

I am using many advanced forums in my course and the forum search only returns the items in my course news forums.  We are on 2.5.  any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Keith C

Re: Advanced Forum Search Results

by Keith C -

I also just noticed that there is no instance of each of my forums in the drop down box where you select a forum to search...and additionally there are no search boxes in my forums. 

In reply to Keith C

by Keith C -

This issue was resolved.  I was trying to search my forums using the forum search block but that block was only implemented for the basic forums.  It makes sense to me now what happened and where the confusion lied.  I really had no idea I should be looking in an area dedicated to the theme templates for a nested advanced forum search box.

In reply to Keith C

by Jason Hardin -

Keith,

In theory you could modify the forum search block to include results for HSU forum. This wouldn't be a small amount of work and we never implemented it mostly because it wasn't requested. We should have a lot of the Advanced forum features into core forums in 2.6 or 2.7, some like grading may take until 2.8 or later. At that point we will be working on a migration process to move from advanced forums (focused mostly on restore conversions I think) to core forums and the search block will work again.

Also note that we made no modifications to the user profile to add the forums tab to show the user's advance forum posts. We didn't implement all of the extra external features to forums to reduce maintenance we only cloned and modified the mod/forum code.