Subscribe to this Forum Link Missing for Administrators?

Subscribe to this Forum Link Missing for Administrators?

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 3

We have Moodle 2.4.3 and we have a 'Standard forum for general use' where I need Moodle administrators to receive email notifications. The subscription mode is set to optional for this forum. 

Previously to Moodle 2.> there was a Subscribe to this forum link. How do I make Moodle administrators receive emails from certain Forums?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: Subscribe to this Forum Link Missing for Administrators?

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Ali

when a user post in a forum he will be subscribed to the forum or can click "subscribe me in this forum" link in the forum administration  block.

You can set in your profile setting page in the option forum auto-subscribe - Yes : when i post, subscribe me to that forum and Forum tracking - Yes : Highlight new posts for me.

And in forum setting page forum tracking should be set to either optional or ON.

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ali,

The administrator needs to be enrolled in the course in order to see the 'Subscribe to this forum' link.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ali Hastie

by Michelle Jackman -

Thank you Ali for asking this question as I thought I was going mad, and thanks Helen for pointing out the obvious! smile