Feedback Activity - Longer text answer width

Feedback Activity - Longer text answer width

by Bruce Nuttman -
Number of replies: 3

When creating questions in the Feedback Activity, one of the question options is "Longer text answer". The user can then select a width and number of lines. No matter what width we choose, it never changes. The field is always set at around 26 characters. The number of lines works fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any solutions to it?

Thanks,
Bruce

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruce Nuttman

Re: Feedback Activity - Longer text answer width

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Bruce,

thank you. I will check this.

Best regards
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Feedback Activity - Longer text answer width

by Ray Le Couteur -

I get this 'fixed width' problem on my feedback activities - it seems to be related to the theme used for me - if the theme is based on the bootstrap theme (eg clean, essential) then long and short answer text questions both seem to have fixed (narrow) width. The same feedback activity will give correct widths when other themes are used (eg anomaly).

The general feedback layout on the bootstrap themes  is also poor.

Since the feedback module is very popular at my school and we are using the essential theme, this is quite a serious problem for us - we only discovered the problem after we had put quite a lot of effort into our layout in essential.