Required question causing error in posting feedback

Required question causing error in posting feedback

by Paula Clough -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

We are using Moodle 2.4.4.  We are using the feedback module to give a short evaluation.  When we click a multiple choice question to make it required, students are unable to complete the feedback.  They get a message that the quiz in not complete as there are required questions.  All the other questions are text questions and they do not seem to affect the feedback.  As soon as the required is unchecked in the question settings of the multiple choice question, students are able to complete the feedback.  Is anyone else having problems with this?

Thanks,

Paula  cool

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paula Clough

Re: Required question causing error in posting feedback

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Paula,

can you give me some more details of your settings? Do you use some depended questions? How is your multiple choice question configured?

Best regards
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Paula Clough -

Andreas,

Thank you for your answer.  I didn't see dependencies yesterday but I don't remember looking for them. They are there now. This was done by an Instructor and brought to me.  Since I got it working without making the Multiple choice required, he went ahead and used it today. I will have to play with it in a sandbox course to see if that was the problem.  Pretty good chance.

Paula cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Paula Clough -

Thanks again Andreas.  Yes the dependencies were the problem. 

Paula cool