Mass Enrolment and Self Enrolment for Paid Courses

Mass Enrolment and Self Enrolment for Paid Courses

by Jason Church -
Number of replies: 2

I am a bit of a noob to Moodle but I am learning it as quickly as I can.

The issue I would like some help with exists because I have been asked to put together a site that would handle mass enrolment (and I don't mean 100 students, I mean more like in the millions) as well as allow students to self enroll.

As I understand it, the mass enrolment process is best handled using a csv flat file that is then converted to a cohort. However, this particular organization already has multiple other organizations from multiple countries ready to purchase the courses and I really feel like I am asking a lot of them to create a csv file to our exact parameters. At the same time, simply having them send a list of students for us to manually enter ourselves is unrealistic as the number of students we are talking about would require an amount of time that far exceeds the time we have available to manually enroll them.

I guess then that my question is, if you knew for a fact that you would be enrolling millions of students in a course from multiple nations at the same time (and a great many of those would be paid for in bulk) how would you handle that while still allowing other students to pay for and enroll themselves? Or am I simply overthinking this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Church

Re: Mass Enrolment and Self Enrolment for Paid Courses

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jason,

you could let them enroll by themselves. If you need some control, you could use "enrolment upon approval" plugin.

Not sure if this helps you. Also not sure if your problem is really related to course enrolment or site registration/authentification.

Greetings,

Flotter

In reply to Flotter Totte

Re: Mass Enrolment and Self Enrolment for Paid Courses

by Emy Samir -

we've solved the problem of the enrollment, the issue was a permission on the database
 so we granted all permissions to the dbuser

but after that we faced another problem , the problem is the ldap auto-enrolled user is unenrolled automatically after the first login without the ability to access the course even  at the first time