Running cron.php after Upgrading to 2.2 from 1.9: why are some courses skipped during the backup procedure?

Running cron.php after Upgrading to 2.2 from 1.9: why are some courses skipped during the backup procedure?

by Monica Franz -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I upgraded from Moodle1.9.19 to Moodle 2.2.10+ to continue Upgrading to Moodle 2.5!

i started cron.php the first time to finish the upgrading procedure for Moodle 2.2 and wonder why about half the courses are skipped and others aren't during the backup procedure. All courses are new in Moodle 2.2 as they where upgraded from 1.9.

Is that normal? Will the skipped courses then be upgraded to 2.5 correctly?

Regards,

Monica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Franz

Re: Running cron.php after Upgrading to 2.2 from 1.9: why are some courses skipped during the backup procedure?

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Monica,

Yes, that's normal. Anyway, you shouldn't rely on course backups; always do a full site backup before doing an upgrade:

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Site_backup

In reply to Guillermo Madero

Re: Running cron.php after Upgrading to 2.2 from 1.9: why are some courses skipped during the backup procedure?

by Monica Franz -

Hi Guillermo,

I do my full site backup before upgrading, but I just wondered why the cron.php, I've started immediatly after the successful upgrade, skips courses.

By the way with 2.5.1 TeX works with the mimtexSunOS from 2.2.10!

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Gerel Bold -

I'm having this same problem i choose and installed Moodle 2.5 for windows but  redirect error.

"This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at http://localhost/moodle/admin/index.php?cache=1 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects."

I did try clearing cookies, and also tried opening it in Firefox rather than Chrome. Both produce the redirect error.

next i choose moodle 1.9 installed but error IIS7.5 

Please Help me 

In reply to Gerel Bold

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Gerel,

You should create a new thread, as yours is not the same problem, actually. Either way, it is usually best to create a new thread to post your problems or questions.

In reply to Monica Franz

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Monica,

The scripts being called by Cron use some kind of scheduling system precisely to avoid running each and every time they are called. This lets all tasks have some time to themselves and not fight much for processor time, so to speak smile

In reply to Monica Franz

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Monica,

That's good news! That you have TeX working smile I'm still seeing about the geshi plugin smile