Artem recently changed jobs and is no longer able to dedicate time to maintaining the Attendance module so I've volunteered to take on some of the work - Artem has transferred his git repositories to my account so the various github forks will remain connected - thanks heaps to Artem for allowing me to pick up the work.
I have updated the documentation here with details on some of the changes I have made already:
The biggest thing to mention is that the module has been renamed from 'attforblock' to 'attendance' - I've included information on how to upgrade from the old 'attforblock' here:
The plugin has been submitted to the plugins database here on moodle.org but it may take a couple of weeks before it is made public in the plugins db.
As the plugin has been renamed if you have any Moodle backups that contain information about older 'attforblock' content this will not currently be restored during the restore process as I haven't written any handlers to restore this content - If someone wants to do this make sure you file a pull request or if this is really important to you and you can fund my time to do this drop me an e-mail
It's unlikely I'll be able to spend much time improving the existing feature-set of the attendance module as a volunteer but I'll endeavour to ensure that it works in future Moodle versions. The code now passes the Moodle codechecker tool and I have fixed some minor security issues with the previous code. If anyone else does any feature work I'm happy to review this (please make sure you file a pull request so I can integrate your changes)
I work for the NZ Moodle Partner Catalyst IT - we can also provide development services to improve the attendance module if you are able to fund my time.
Even though Artem isn't working on Moodle stuff at the moment he knows the code a lot better than I do - so if you are keen to fund work on improving the module you could drop him an e-mail too to see if he might be interested in working on it some more.
For those interested in the "what's changed" stuff here's a shortlist with some of the changes I've made this week:
* Renamed attforblock to attendance
* SECURITY: fixed some setType warnings, improved sesskey checks and better cleaning of raw data.
* removed all languages other than english from code as AMOS will handle this when it lands in the plugins db
* Lots of coding guideline work - the block and module now comply with the Moodle codechecker tool and some phpdoc fixes.
* CONTRIB-4246 when editing module name update name in gradebook.