Attendance for 2.6.2

Attendance for 2.6.2

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 11

Does anyone know if this works with the new shiny latest Moodle?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Attendance for 2.6.2

by Perry Way -

Derek, We are running 2.6.1 at the moment, as we build our course material. We aren't running a live system just yet, that will be the next school period I believe. From my cursory evaluation so far, it appears everything is working. But I had to install it manually rather than use the feature of installing from the Moodle site, if I remember correctly.

Hope everything works for you. If it doesn't, would you be so kind as to report back? smile Cheers!

In reply to Perry Way

by Derek Chirnside -

@Perry

Attendance is OK for us on 2.6.1

For 2.6.2 it is mentioned here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_attendance  We are generally planning an upgrade, but one other plugin is the showstopper at the moment.

So, unclear to me yet if Attendance is ready for 2.6.2.

-Derek

by Perry Way -

We upgraded to 2.6.2 and attendance seems to be working still, given my evaluation has been cursory level.

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't see an update to the accompanying attendance block.  It's not available for 2.6, yet, it seems.  So, I manually installed the latest attendance block, for 2.5.  It installed, no problem, but it makes the course inaccessible to the students in the course.  I've got a comment on it in the Attendance Activity comments: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_attendance&moodle_version=13

In THAT scenario, I installed the update into Moodle 2.5.2, but it's supposed to be for both 2.5 and 2.6.  

Here is the bug report from our 2.5.2 environment, when a student tries to view the course, after the update:

And here is the bug report in our 2.6.2 environment, after the update and the installation of the block for 2.5:

In reply to Blair F.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have the mod running on a brand new 2.6.2 install with no issues.  I would try reinstalling.  Do you have the mod installed as well as the block?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Yes, I have both installed, but where did you get a block for 2.6? I could only find the block for 2.5 and that's the one I installed.  When you say it's working well, I assume you test it while logged in as a student?  That's where it all fell apart for us.  For admin and teachers, it appears to work well.

Just to be clear, we have two scenarios going on at the moment.  A 2.5.2 Moodle production and test site and a 2.6.2 Moodle development environment.  Both have:

Attendance Mod: 2.6.0 (2014022800) for Moodle 2.5, 2.6
Attendance Block: 2.4 (2013070301) for Moodle 2.4, 2.5

Both scenarios appear only experience problems when students try to access the course, but the error messages are slightly different.  See previous post for screenshots.  When the BLOCK is hidden, the students can access the course again.

In reply to Blair F.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You need to update the block - grab the latest version from my github repo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mykl Belfatto -

Hi Dan, I'm having a problem and I've been working on it so long my eyes are blurry...I did the upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2 to 2.62 on a test  system (copy of production) and eveything went fine...except for a few minor tweaks needed with videos and such, BUT I'm having problems with the Attendance module.  When I try to put in attendance for a new student, it comes up with the msg "Hidden sessions: 777"  I' sure it's something simple or stupid, but at this point I need some input.  cheers, Mykl

In reply to Mykl Belfatto

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think Hidden sessions are sessions that occur before the start date set for the course - if you edit the course settings and change the start date of the course to an earlier date some more of those hidden sessions may show up.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mykl Belfatto -
Ok, thanks, I'll try that...I just found something in the Language Filter for the Attendance Block, their is no translation there.   I customized it for me, but just so you know.  cheers.
In reply to Mykl Belfatto

by Dan Marsden -

All language translations are stored on lang.moodle.org - not within the actual plugin download. Once you have installed the plugin you might need to update your language packs - click the 'Update all installed language packs' button in Settings > Site administration > Language > Language packs.

If that doesn't work it's likely that your language hasn't been translated for the attendance module yet - you could do this for the community by submitting this on http://lang.moodle.org/