Attendance (plugin)

Attendance Site Data Block

Picture of Don Hinkelman
Attendance Site Data Block
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

As Dan and others requested, here attached is a block we call "Attendance Site Data" or "attendance_csv_all". It's purpose is to collect all the Attendance module data from a whole site and put it into a single excel file (csv).  We have 150 foreign language classes that use the Attendance module and it pulls the data we want (dates of absences) from all of them.  The dates to pull are configurable as you can see in this screenshot. There are no docs so you just have to try it.  I think only admins can see it on the front page of the site, but I am not sure.

attendance_csv_all

We use it in Moodle 2.5.  The data downloaded into the excel sheet will show the course name, course instructor, student names, and dates of the classes as indicated in your Attendance Module. Within the grid, the exact dates of absences will be printed.  We look for absences because our staff will contact students will large numbers of absences from these required courses.

You may want different data, so you are welcome to re-program this block and I hope you re-post your new version code here on this forum.  Sorry, I don't have time or knowledge to put this into the Plugins database.  The last time I tried it took me a year and a half to get the Sharing Cart approved. If you want to post comments, feature requests or code to integrate, you can post it here but we only have funds to update it once a year.

Cheers and a big thanks to Dan for maintaining the Attendance module.  smile

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dan Marsden
Re: Attendance Site Data Block
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

Thanks Don!

I've just pushed your code here:

https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-block_attendance_csv_all/commits/master

I'll try to pick this up and make a few improvements over the next few weeks and then submit to the plugins db - let me know if you want your e-mail address changed to something else in the first commit there!

Picture of Don Hinkelman

Thanks!  I really appreciate that, Dan.  I hope people find it useful and whatever improvements you make will be good to see.

Picture of Mykl Belfatto

Hey Dan, I'm sure you know, but anyway...this uses table mdl_attforblock and you need to change it to mdl_attendance in /blocks/attendance_csv_all/get_csv.php for latest Attendance module...

Picture of Dan Marsden
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

thanks - I have a few changes in my local version that I haven't pushed yet (including that change) - will try to find time to spend on it sometime soon.

Picture of Mykl Belfatto

Hey Dan,

How's it going with this?  I would like to add a custom profile field to this report to sort for corporate clients.

So I'd like to get your latest mod smile  cheers

Picture of Mykl Belfatto

Hey Don, When I run this for an entire month, it seems like it's working, and then goes to a gray screen and never returns.  Have you had this problem_  Any ideas?  cheers, Mykl

Picture of Don Hinkelman

I get no problems, Mykl.  I just downloaded three months of data (it took two minutes to process) into an excel sheet OK.  We use Moodle 2.5.  Not sure why you are getting a grey screen.

Picture of Mykl Belfatto

Hey, I turned on debug messages and found that the system was timing out.  So I increased the time limit.