On one page, some grades can be altered, others not?

On one page, some grades can be altered, others not?

by Davin Scampton -
Number of replies: 4

One of my teachers has discovered an issue with the grade book. Grades for an assignment can be changed through the dropdown menu for each student, and then updated. However, in the top half (as in the top series of student in one particular group/class), the update is saved, but it is not saved in the bottom half.

I have spent a few hours on this and cannot find anything that will sort the issue. It does not appear to be the overrides, although, if you click on the edit button for the students grade, you can go in and change the grade, but not from the front page of the grader report.

Help...?

In reply to Davin Scampton

Re: On one page, some grades can be altered, others not?

by Marty Soupcoff -

Can you make a quick screenrecording of this in action?

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Davin Scampton -

So, using the drop down menu with editing on, I can change the grade, and update, but it reverts back to the original grade. However, this only happens with the bottom few and not all. So i can do exactly the same thing and the grade will update with students higher in the list

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Davin Scampton

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is indicative of the max_input_vars setting being too low in php.ini.   You need to set it to a much higher number (I believe it defaults to about 1000-mine is currently set to 20000).  

If you do not have access to the server, a workaround is to show less students per page in the grader report - this will make the number of grades on the less and under your max_input_vars setting.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Davin Scampton -

K, spoke to the IT guys with access to the server, have sorted and tested on the test version, and will deal with the live version at some stage soon.

Thank you all very much