Moodle 2.5

Moodle 2.5

by Sebas Kosterman -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All

Something strang things happening with Moodle 2.5 today.I am running iMac with MAMP, and PHP 5.4.4

1) The installation of Moodle 2.5 gave me nothing. Did not work.
Moodle 2.5+ did install

2) After copying a theme, either clean or some other theme and renaming all needed texts. I sometimes get to see the upgrade/install screen for the theme, not allways.

Then: if all succeeds, after selecting the theme in the theme selector, the screen goes white. Nothing more happens.

There is no error, no message, nothing.

This has taken me 3 long hours already, does anyone have a clue about why this is happening?

I did this within moodle 2.44, without the problems I am facing now..

Any help is appreciated..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sebas Kosterman

Re: Moodle 2.5

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Sebas,

I think you need to solve '1' before '2' as '2' might be because of '1'.  So, have you used a standard MAMP package for M2.5 -> http://download.moodle.org/macosx/?

If not then see if it works.  If so, then I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sebas Kosterman -

Thank for the reply,

No, I already have MAMP, so I downloaded a standard Moodle package.
I will try your suggestion. Only need to figure out, how I can keep my exisisting, MAMP installation.

Cheers

Sebas

In reply to Sebas Kosterman

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, I have moved this from the Theme's forum as this is a NOT a theme related issue. This is an INSTALL Moodle problem.

If you have a specific problem with a theme after you get Moodle up and running well that is another matter.

I hope someone here can help you.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sebas Kosterman -

That's not entirely true I think. I've managed to install, although slow... The problem arises when I try to modify or create a new theme. (BLANK screen, after selecting the theme)