Installation help

Picture of Miguel Freitas
Unable to finish instalation

Hi

When starting the moodle installation on the browser, after choosing the language,  Portuguese, we get this error message

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'lang_installer_exception' with message 'O componente não foi encontrado' in /var/www/moodle/lib/componentlib.class.php:786 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/moodle/lib/componentlib.class.php(641): lang_installer->install_language_pack('pt') #1 /var/www/moodle/install.php(359): lang_installer->run() #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/moodle/lib/componentlib.class.php on line 786

I've downloaded the language pack "pt.zip" from here

http://download.moodle.org/langpack/2.0/

I've copy the file to the "/var/moodledata/lang" directory and unzip it but I still get this error message.

Please help us!

Thanks in advance

Miguel

Average of ratings: -
Gmads
Re: Unable to finish instalation
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

I think it would be best if you complete the installation with the default language (english) and then, once moodle is running, install the requiered language pack.

Picture of Alexander Adadurov
Re: Unable to finish instalation

I did exactly in this way, but later on I've got an error when tried to install a language pack.

Picture of Chao Zhang
回复: Re: Unable to finish instalation

Hi Miguel and Alexander,

You can try another solution. Generally, the error occurs when your computer network is half-connected, that means your computer is on a local network but not connects to the internet.So, you can be off line totally or connect to the internet to avoid this error. It indeed works but I don't know why.

Good luck!