XML-RPC protocol problems

XML-RPC protocol problems

by Eddies Support -
Number of replies: 5
When trying to used "XML-RPC protocol: moodle_user_create_users" test in moodle I am Getting an error.

XML-RPC protocol: moodle_user_create_users

URL: moodle/webservice/xmlrpc/server.php?wstoken=b5014ae8

exception 'Zend_XmlRpc_Client_FaultException' with message 'Unknown error' in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/lib/zend/Zend/XmlRpc/Client.php:370
Stack trace:
#0 /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/webservice/xmlrpc/locallib.php(134): Zend_XmlRpc_Client->call('moodle_user_cre...', Array)
#1 /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/admin/webservice/testclient.php(154): webservice_xmlrpc_test_client->simpletest('..', 'moodle_user_cre...', Array)
#2 {main}

This is on a new server and install of moodle 2.5 how do i go about fixing this problem?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eddies Support

Re: XML-RPC protocol problems

by William Cummings -

Same issue here.

The web services in Moodle are "unreliable at best".

In reply to Eddies Support

by Damyon Wiese -
That looks like it could be caused by debugging or some other error being triggered, possibly due to the data in the request. If there is nothing sensitive in it - posting the raw response here or in a tracker issue would help us get to the bottom of it.

Cheers - Damyon
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Creative Design -

I am having the same issue, please find a screen shot attached.  Until I resolve this, I have no hope of getting external web services to function!!!

Tghis is really causing a bottle neck in my development time sad

Attachment error.jpg
In reply to Creative Design

by Israel Forés -

Hi

I was having the same issue. At the end it was a problem in the webservice user creation. I defined the profile as a 'No Login'. I changed to 'Manual' and it worked.

I hope that will be useful for you