question about the input box (essay question)

question about the input box (essay question)

by Maria Murjani -
Number of replies: 7

we had our students' final exam and during the exam, students called us that after typing their answers (several sentences & input box is set -20 lines), they cannot add more sentences and the cursor is reverting back to the first line. we adjusted setting to 40 lines but same thing occurs. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Also, the box where to input  gets longer. How can we make it wider so it will fit the computer screen?

Please advise.

Maria

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria Murjani

Re: question about the input box (essay question)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which version of Moodle are you using?

Using current 2.5 version I see no problem for entering as much text as you went into the HTML editor of a Lesson's essay question.

Joseph

Attachment 13-06-2013 18-21-46.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Maria Murjani -

i am using Moodle 2.2.3.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I still don't understand the problem you mention in your original post. Don't the students have the HTML editor when they type their essay, similar to the one I posted?

Can you post a screenshot?

Joseph

by Maria Murjani -

Hi Joseph,

We removed the HTML editor to make things simplier. Students say that there's a limit of number of sentences they can type in.

by Joseph Rézeau -

Maria "We removed the HTML editor to make things simplier."

Why didn't you say so in your original post? Seems like you did not make things simpler but created your own problem.wink

How did you "remove the HTML editor"?

Joseph

by Maria Murjani -

is that so? But that should not affect/limit the length of the content you put in, right? I've change the input box size to add more lines.

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi again, Maria,

I suddenly realize you are talking about the Quiz acvitity. You posted your question to the wrong forum.sad

Please re-post to the relevant Quiz forum.

Joseph