Your session has timed out - error message

Your session has timed out - error message

by Chris Elkin -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

Moodle v 2.3.2.

I'm experiencing some problems and desperately need your assistance.

We're running a Moodle instance v2.3.2 on shared server which had limited database disk space.  The system's database grew and we ran out of disk space.

I believe this disk space issue corrupted the table mdl_user, which I have repaired.

However I now get the error message:

"Your session has timed out. Please login again"

Can anyone shine any light on this error message and help me gain access to the moodle site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Elkin

Re: Your session has timed out - error message

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not only clear browser cache, but one might switch the default behavior of 2.3 for keeping sessions information in the DB by using files for session information.

In the config.php of your site add:

$CFG->dbsessions=0;

That should create a 'sessions' folder in your moodledata folder and use that folder to record session information in a small file.

Might also suggest turning off things that would require using DB disk space - statistics, length of time to retain logs, etc.

Also, other tables might be in need of repair.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Chris Elkin

Re: Your session has timed out - error message

by Lawrence N -

How important is your instance? I would seriously consider paying for more space so you have this critical situation again. A small price to pay for this amount of stress.

That said, you can try and truncate or delete your log files. This would free up quite a bit of room. You may need it for stats though so you can delete the other logs