Hello everyone ! Hope I'm posting this msg in the correct forum,but I'm trying to install moodle using Rediff web hosting.Here goes the steps I followed while installing :
1. Dowloaded a standard package from downloads secn in moodle.org.
2. Extracted the moodle folder from it.
3. Uploaded the contents of the folder on the server.
4. Created a new database(My sql ofcourse !).
5. After all done, I tried opening the site,providing the URL : http ://mydomain.com/moodle .
6. Everything was fine and I was redirected to get on with the installation.But.....
I got an error message that Data directory was not found(something like that...)
Tried solving that problem by manually creating a "moodledata" folder outside my website's folder,gave it all pemissions(777).Did a little bit changes in the config.php file:
$CFG-> dataroot : 'moodledata'.
And tried installing again with the data directory path as "moodledata" only and nothing else. I think this is the point to be noted while finding what went wrong.
BUT I was allowed to continue with the installation,upto the step of agreeing with the Terms&conditions .
After this,I was expecting to be redirected to the page where I can Set-up the administrator's account.But instead I was taken to the "index.php" page with a message "Your session has timed out. Please login again". And I can do nothing further !!!!!
I'd tried installing the whole thing with new database and all. But nothing worked.I'm new to moodle.Can't figure out what created the mess... What went wrong? Kindly,someone help me out regarding this.