Can Moodle help me with this?

Can Moodle help me with this?

by Rob Boris -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I have scenario and was wondering if Moodle can help with this.  At work we have training sessions where users come into a room, sit through a presentation and then take a short exam.  I would like to set this up so users can do this through their workstation.

They would need to:

• logon
  • do the training (say powerpoint or video)
  • take the quiz.
  • move on to the next training etc.
  • sign out
  • teacher can check grades

thanks,

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Boris

Re: Can Moodle help me with this?

by Floyd Saner -

Rob,

There are a number of ways to do this, but I would look at the Lesson Activity.  There is a bit of a learning curve to set that up, but it is very good for sequencing presentations branching to other activities based on a test score.

You can also look at conditional release.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Rob Boris -

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Is there a recommended book for doing this?

Rob

In reply to Rob Boris

by Floyd Saner -

Rob,

In the Moodle documentation you will find the following helpful:

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Lesson_module, then follow the links at the bottom of that page for Lesson Settings, Building Lesson, Using Lesson, and Lesson FAQ.

You need to be careful with other documentation because it might be based on earlier versions of Moodle, e.g. 1.9 or earlier.  The book, "Moodle 2.0 for Business," has a chapter on the Lesson Activity (don't let the 'Business' part turn you off).

There are also many YouTube videos.  MoodleBites has some on the Lesson:

Part I: 

Part II: 

You will find other videos, but be certain the Moodle version 2.0 or greater.

Floyd

In reply to Rob Boris

by Floyd Saner -

Rob,

I forgot to mention conditional access: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Conditional_activities

This can be used to sequence access to any course content based on tests and other conditions.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Rob Boris -

Thanks for all your help - I am setting up a test machine to start working on this.  Thanks for the videos.

Rob