Upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.5 - Add an Activity or Resources not working

Upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.5 - Add an Activity or Resources not working

by Sara Moore -
Number of replies: 5

Hi There

We upgraded from 2.4.1 to 2.5 last night and things seemed to be working ok.

However today we are having problems with the Add and Activity or Resource option ....... it only works on the homepage and not in course pages.

Switching the Activity Chooser Off gives me the drop down option pickers, but these do not load if anything is selected.

I can edit existing resources and folders, just cant add anything new.

Add a Block also does the same, allows you to select and option form the drop down, but doesn't load it.... just does nothing.

Also, within the Administration Block, some of the course Admin options work but nothing else, even though I am site administrator.  Switch to... My Profile Settings.... and Site Administration ..... do nothing.

Apart from the Lightbox Gallery (which we'll be removing because it's not supported in 2.5) we have no plugins carried over from 2.4.1

We have purged the Moodle Cache, Theme Cache and IE10

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many Thanks

Sara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sara Moore

Re: Upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.5 - Add an Activity or Resources not working

by Julien Thomas -

Hi Sara,

Have you tried other browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome ?

Julien.

In reply to Julien Thomas

by Sara Moore -

Yes, we've tried both and it does the same.

In reply to Sara Moore

by Sara Moore -

It looks like if we disable JavaScript in the browser the old style Activity Chooser works........

In reply to Sara Moore

by John Porten -

Hi.  We have the exact same issue here with Moodle 2.5 (Build: 20130514).   We turned off AJAX to get the old style choose working as well.   I saw something in another forum thread that suggested the issue may be related to php memory_limit.  I'm going to run this down, but our memory_limit is set to 132M, so I'm not hopeful this will resolve the problem.   Our 2.4 sites are running perfectly, btw

In reply to Sara Moore

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi All

The issue was discussed here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=228086#p997260 and a tracker report filed here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-39949

It seems that for most courses the work around is to switch the Activity Chooser off and use the old-style drop-downs.  In the course where the drop-downs were also causing an error, it turned out that removing an empty html block resolved that particular case. 

HTH

Richard