self enrollment

self enrollment

by Veronika Delvaux -
Number of replies: 4

I just upgraded this morning my site to the newest version. I have everything set according to Moodle.org directions for self enrollment. However, the method isn’t showing in the course. I mean the icon is there, clicking on it brings you to the sign in page but the self enrollment option is not there. In the old version there was a link under the log in to self enroll. I am in a bind, because I don’t have any time to manually to enroll 50 plus students. What am I missing here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Veronika Delvaux

Re: self enrollment

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

'In the old version there was a link under the log in to self enroll.'

Just wondering whether you're talking about self-registration, rather than self-enrolment? If so, please see no. 2 in Authentication FAQ.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Lipson nuwags -

pliz guide mi with the steps for students to self enroll in different courses

In reply to Lipson nuwags

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please see the documentation Self enrolment.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sherman Keene -

I don't think I can edit the manual pages myself.

I think someone should add "make sure guest access is OFF" to the manual pages about setting up a group enrollment key. It may be that the same instruction needs to be issued for (plain) enrollment keys too.

smile
Sherman