Course Creators - Enrolling Students

Course Creators - Enrolling Students

by Gwen Jefferson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I would like our course creators to be able to enrol individuals onto courses in their categories. Currently our system allows them to get as far as enrol however the only 'role' option is none and students cannot access the course.

I have had a looked a 'defining the role' however nothing is standing out.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Gwen

Moodle 2.0.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gwen Jefferson

Re: Course Creators - Enrolling Students

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hi Gwen,

While I cannot be sure it is exactly the same in Moodle 2.0 (and you might want to upgrade at least to version 2.2. We use 2.3.), you should go to edit the permissions for the course creator role and scroll down to the permissions for "Manual enrolments". There change the following to "Allow":

Enrol users
enrol/manual:enrol
Manage user enrolments
enrol/manual:manage
Unenrol users from the course
enrol/manual:unenrol

And don't forget to save the changes with the button at the top or bottom of the list.

Rgrds,
Paul.

In reply to Paul Nijbakker

by Gwen Jefferson -

Thanks Paul. I have checked any they are all set to 'allow' ...weird

G

by Floyd Saner -

I agree with Paul.  You should seriously consider upgrading to a higher version of Moodle 2.  You first need to upgrade to Moodle 2.2; that is a required step before you upgrade to any version later than 2.2.  I find Moodle 2.4 to be quite stable.  

Bug fixes and security updates for Moodle 2.0.x ended a long time ago.

In Moodle 2.3 and Moodle 2.4 the Course Creator role works fine for me, including the management of enrollments.

by Floyd Saner -

Gwen,

If anyone made changes to permissions in the Course Creator role, I suggest you try reverting the role permissions to the default settings.

• ► Site administration
  •  / ► Users
  •  / ► Permissions
  •  / ► Define roles

Then click the role Course Creator (not the edit/update icon).

Then click Reset to defaults.

You may want to duplicate the role before you reset it so you have a copy of the current configuration.