Edit Letter Grades lower boundaries?

Edit Letter Grades lower boundaries?

by Sarah Ashley -
Number of replies: 3
Hello!

We have some academic programs with a slightly different calibration for their Letter Grade boundaries. The grade letter changes on a .50 boundary rather than the default .99 boundary.  And this difference in the decimals is enough to sway the final letter grades.

For example, 

A = 100% - 95.51%
A- = 95.50% - 90.51 %
B+  = 90.50%  - 87.51%
...and so on....

I managed to change the "select" list of grades numbering 1-100 to a simple text box so that users can type the desired grade boundary. The input method is now a text box instead of a drop down menu of integers. I also adjusted the parameter type from INT to FLOAT.

However, the decimal portion of the boundary entered by a user does not get saved or updated in the database. Only the integer portion is being updated. 

How can I get the entire boundary to be updated, please?

Thanks a lot for any direction.
Best regards,
Sarah
In reply to Sarah Ashley

Re: Edit Letter Grades lower boundaries?

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Sarah,

I have no answer to your question, only a workaround, which I explained HERE. I wish the site wide setting for letter grades could be adjusted in Site administration.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Sarah Ashley

by Robert Russo -

If you are hosting your own Moodle and have access to a developer, this will help.

https://github.com/lsuits/gradebook_moodle/compare/large_profile_images...better_letter

In reply to Robert Russo

by Robert Russo -

The above allows arbitrary FLOAT boundaries (up to 5 decimal places) and also adheres to the letter preferences in the course and per item.