public access to quizzes

public access to quizzes

by toni hoskin -
Number of replies: 6

I volunteer to teach ESL.  My student enrollment is fluid.  Any day I may get a new student, a student leaves or is in my class temporarily.

Must students create an account to access my quizzes?  I would like them to be available to the public, especially for former students and family.  Grades and tracking are not practical.  

My goal is to create online exercises and activities for my informal, adult ed class.

Thank you to whomever reads and responds.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to toni hoskin

Re: public access to quizzes

by Paula Clough -

Toni,

What Moodle Version are you using and do you have administrative rights?

In reply to toni hoskin

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Toni

You can allow guest access to your course. If you dont want user to create account. But it will record users grades.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Stephan Rinke -

Hello,

As far as I know, guest cannot take quizzes (at least not Moodle quizzes). 

Perhaps you are better off creating online quizzes and activities with other tools and then integrating them by publishing the links to them in your Moodle course. This way you have a Moodle course that can provide the community functions as well as being able to serve online activities which users who are not online can do.

I find http://learningapps.org/ really useful for creating online activities for free. You can then either integrate them with "Material" -> URL or if you do want tracking for signed in users with "Activity"->SCORM.

Hope this helps,

Stephan

In reply to Stephan Rinke

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello

Ohhh... yes. i am sorry. guest are not allowed to take quizzes at all.

In reply to toni hoskin

by Pete Potter -

Hi Toni,

If you allow 'email based self reg' on the site and 'self enrolment' on the course then users will be able to get access to your quizzes.

PP

In reply to Pete Potter

by Paula Clough -

Even if you could get the guest login to work, you would not have an individual record of identified to the individual, so Instead of using the "guest" login.  Why not make a generic login with student access to the course.  So you would make a new user, maybe Guest2 and assign it to the course. Make the quiz unlimited numbers of tries.  Put this information on the login page. EX:

If you are a guest wanting to take the introductory quiz, please use Guest2 as the username and 12345 as the password to login.

If you did want to know who had taken the instance of the quiz, you could put in a quiz question asking for the persons name and perhaps the email address.

Paula cool