What shold you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

What shold you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

by Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 4

I am referring to issue MDL-35641

The issue is marked as fixed, but it is not fixed. Should I assume then that no further work is going to be done on it?

If that is true, then what should I do next, seeing as this is a critical issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Moody

Re: What shold you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Re-open it?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: What shold you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

by Doug Moody -

I would be glad to, except I see no provision for that.

There are 27 people watching this event, and because it says that it is "resolved", I am not even allowed to vote for it anymore.

It is an important bug, and does need fixing, otherwise I would just wait for developers to do their magic.

In reply to Doug Moody

Re: What should you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What should you do with an unresolved tracker issue? The issue is marked as fixed, but it is not fixed. - That's a very good question, thanks Doug!

If you find that a bug is still affecting a stable version of Moodle, despite the tracker issue being closed as fixed, please create a new issue for the bug. Once you've done so, go back to the closed issue and link it to the issue you've just created by selecting 'Link' from the 'More Actions' dropdown menu. (This will generate an email notification to all watchers, so they know to watch, vote or comment on the new issue from now on.)

Developers need to be able to reproduce a problem in order to investigate it, so it's always good to check whether you can reproduce the bug on http://demo.moodle.net and if so, you can write in the bug report 'Bug reproduced on http://demo.moodle.net'.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: What should you do with an unresolved tracker issue?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I get a few people posting on closed tracker issues saying "this is still an issue" - when in fact the issue they have may present similar symptoms but is actually quite different or related to an edge case that the original bug missed.

We can't re-open "fixed" bugs in the tracker as it makes the history very confusing - as Helen mentions - you should create a new bug and link to the old one that displays similar behaviour.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)