General help

Picture of Javier Oteiza
Simplespace. Block title text overlapping icon

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to Moodle 2.4 and I'm using Simplespace theme. I can't prevent the title of blocks overlapping the icons of the block. I have found others with the same issue but I haven't found any solution. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Javier Oteiza

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Simplespace. Block title text overlapping icon
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Is this the same in all browsers (and latest browsers). I would raise a bug in the Moodle Tracker (tracker.moodle.org) if you are sure you have the latest versions of everything.

Picture of Javier Oteiza

Hi Howard,

Thanks a million for your answer.

I'm using Windows Xp with IExplorer 8 and Chrome and the issue is the same with both of them. I have tried it on a laptop with windows 7 and IExplorer 9 and Chrome with the same result.

Thanks for your idea but I can't believe that Simplespace is being used without anybody reporting a "bug" like this. I'll wait for more answers first.

Javier Oteiza

Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Well.. do you have any optional plugins in use? I would disable those temporarily as well.

Simplespace won't have had the level of exposure a core theme has so it might have trouble on certain platforms or even interactions with certain optional plugins.

Picture of Javier Oteiza

Hi Howard,

Brian Peat solved the problem doing the following:

In the site administration area, under appearance, is an option called Additional HTML. There's a block there labeled Within Head.

In that box put this:

<style>
.block .header h2 {
padding: 0 0 0 1.7em;
}
</style>

that will load the style in the header of every page and shift your icons over for you (or it should).

thanks!

QED

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out. Note to self: Search for all problems in Moodle.org first!!! I just pasted the above style into the core.css stylesheet in the Simple Space theme and it worked. I was so happy I felt it deserved me posting a thankyou!