Simplespace. Block title text overlapping icon

Simplespace. Block title text overlapping icon

by Javier Oteiza -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to Moodle 2.4 and I'm using Simplespace theme. I can't prevent the title of blocks overlapping the icons of the block. I have found others with the same issue but I haven't found any solution. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Javier Oteiza

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Javier Oteiza

Re: Simplespace. Block title text overlapping icon

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is this the same in all browsers (and latest browsers). I would raise a bug in the Moodle Tracker (tracker.moodle.org) if you are sure you have the latest versions of everything.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Javier Oteiza -

Hi Howard,

Thanks a million for your answer.

I'm using Windows Xp with IExplorer 8 and Chrome and the issue is the same with both of them. I have tried it on a laptop with windows 7 and IExplorer 9 and Chrome with the same result.

Thanks for your idea but I can't believe that Simplespace is being used without anybody reporting a "bug" like this. I'll wait for more answers first.

Javier Oteiza

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well.. do you have any optional plugins in use? I would disable those temporarily as well.

Simplespace won't have had the level of exposure a core theme has so it might have trouble on certain platforms or even interactions with certain optional plugins.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Javier Oteiza -

Hi Howard,

Brian Peat solved the problem doing the following:

In the site administration area, under appearance, is an option called Additional HTML. There's a block there labeled Within Head.

In that box put this:

<style>
.block .header h2 {
padding: 0 0 0 1.7em;
}
</style>

that will load the style in the header of every page and shift your icons over for you (or it should).

thanks!

by Marc Hermon -

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out. Note to self: Search for all problems in Moodle.org first!!! I just pasted the above style into the core.css stylesheet in the Simple Space theme and it worked. I was so happy I felt it deserved me posting a thankyou!