Course creator can't add calendar event

Course creator can't add calendar event

by Raymond Norton -
Number of replies: 4

We are running Moodle 2.2.3 and are having issues when Course creators or teachers attempt to add a  Calendar Event assingment. Text, for example.

When the assignment is submitted, a  warning indicates they do not have permission to do this, yet when permissions are checked, they are allowed to update their own calendar.

Here is the corresponding log:

[Fri Mar 15 08:33:20 2013] [error] [client 10.10.1.22] Default exception handler: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to update calendar event Debug: \n* line 435 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown\n* line 1926 of /calendar/lib.php: call to print_error()\n* line 2334 of /calendar/lib.php: call to calendar_event->update()\n* line 493 of /mod/assignment/lib.php: call to calendar_event::create()\n* line 2729 of /mod/assignment/lib.php: call to assignment_base->add_instance()\n* line 443 of /course/modedit.php: call to assignment_add_instance()\n, referer: http://moodle.lctn.org/course/modedit.php?add=assignment&type=online&course=565&section=0&return=0

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Norton

Re: Course creator can't add calendar event

by Raymond Norton -

Have not found an answer to this issue. Anyone have a pointer for how I can resolve this?

[Resolved] Course creator can't add calendar event

by Raymond Norton -

I was able toresolve this issue via the following doc.

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Calendar_editor_role

Not clear why I had to add the role, but it worked

Re: [Resolved] Course creator can't add calendar event

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for providing feedback on how you solved the problem. I think the issue may have been fixed in more recent versions of Moodle.