When Moodle doesn't look like Moodle. Why can't my Moodle site look like this?

When Moodle doesn't look like Moodle. Why can't my Moodle site look like this?

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

Or what does it take to transform my site into something like this:

http://blogs.sussex.ac.uk/elearningteam/2013/02/27/e-learning-team-presentation-at-moodle-moot-dublin-2013/comment-page-1/#comment-718  (!!)

and

http://www.moodlenews.com/2013/check-out-this-great-looking-moodle-dashboard-by-edupristine/  (!!!)

How can I make my course content more engaging? The two links above I believe, are 2 great examples of using Moodle 2.x to produce engaging content. 

Frankie Kam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: When Moodle doesn't look like Moodle. Why can't my Moodle site look like this?

by Sam Thing -

Making your own theme is what it would take. This would involve, at the least, cloning an existing theme so you don't have to learn any PHP to speak of. Then you'd need to create your layout so you'll need a working knowledge of CSS and probably HTML. PHP would be useful.

I can point you to the documentation if you're up for it.

Of course there is a simlper method and i have very reasonable rates.wink

In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: When Moodle doesn't look like Moodle. Why can't my Moodle site look like this?

by Dom London -

Hi Frankie

I drilled down through the links and couldnt find the site you were refering to?

I quite agree though. We think moodle should look more ike this

The trick with Moodle is spending a little time making sure it looks NOTHING like moodle, but with all (actually we added a lot more)   functionality like "synthetic courses" to get round the rather bizarre limit on group numbers (ie no one wants to have drop down combos of 30 let alone 4000 groups) hence our recoding.

We're looking for enthusiastic vounteers to work on some cutting edge moodle-ology if anyone is interested drop me a line  

Dom

(Edited by Helen Foster to remove signature, since they are not allowed in the forums according to our code of conduct - original submission Saturday, 13 April 2013, 8:13 PM)