Beta Testers requested for Moodle 2.4 Bluenarius Theme

Beta Testers requested for Moodle 2.4 Bluenarius Theme

by Brian Merritt -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I liked the binarius theme, but it wasn't blue enough for me smile

I also added some custom menu functions to go with the new CourseFlow course format (see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=221919) which bypassed the scroll of death by putting activities right in the students face (rather than via URLs)

Extra custom menu functions can be useful - I took the example for display all courses and added "display my courses" so a student can see directly what they are enrolled in, and also added some navigation so the user can step through section by section (or activity by activity if you use Courseflow format)

Feel free to have a test - any feedback much appreciated.  I would put on git if I knew how - I will try to figure that out this week.  In the meantime, it is here as a zip.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Merritt

Re: Beta Testers requested for Moodle 2.4 Bluenarius Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

WOW! That's some coding you have done! Must see what it looks like...

Be back later smile

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Constance Horne -

FYI

• The screenshot.jpg does not display.
  • The menu buttons are a shde of grey that does not show up unless you hover over them.
  • "You are logged in as" at the bottom of the page does not display (white on white)
  • I guess this is a non-docking theme (?) since there are no options to dock the menus.

Very clean looking theme.

In reply to Constance Horne

by Brian Merritt -

Thanks Constance

Alot of the cleanliness comes from Binarius - I don't want to take credit for others work smile

Appreciate the feedback, and will work on that plus a few more configuration options

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

First of all I like the way the menu changes depending on where you are on the site. That is one of the best things I has seen in a Moodle theme so far.

The styling (CSS) needs some work, especially with the menu titles, which are hard to see. Also the H1 Heading seems to have slipped off the header, if this is intentional then the CSS need tweaking. Also as Constance says the white on white in the footer needs fixing.

Other than that it's looking good although I don't have courses to test on it at the moment, as I am still setting up Moodle for 2.5.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Merritt -

Thanks Mary

It is (at best) a beta, and I appreciate the feedback.

I want to work on enhancing the menu system, adding configuration options in the theme rather than php code, and tidy up the css (which probably would have been better if I hadn't ripped all the customer CSS out smile

I can see so much progress in the recent releases - I am REALLY! looking forward to 2.5 and maybe contributing a bit by 2.6 or so smile))

by Mary Evans -

Well considering you only just learnt PHP you must be already knowledgeable about some other programming language to understand so quickly.

I look forward to the day these changes get added to Moodle.

Cheers

Mary