Assign a Teacher

Assign a Teacher

by M H -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 241

I am trying to assign a user to the teacher role.

I go to Site Administration / Users / Permissions / Assign system roles..... the only 2 roles listed are Manager and Course Creator.  

If Ilook at the Define roles I see all of the roles such as Manager, Course Creator, Teacher, Student, Guest, etc.

I am logged in as an administrator.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to M H

Re: Assign a Teacher

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello  there.

What you are doing incorrectly is trying to assign a teacher to the whole system - whereas you assign teachers individually into the courses in which they teach. You could for example work at a college (in the real world) and be  a teacher during the day (on one course) and a student at night school in the evening (on a different course) So it is with Moodle. Users have different roles according to the courses they are in and what they are doing in those courses The only default sitewide roles are manager - to manage the site  -and course creator -to make courses. Take a look here Assign roles and also at #14 Roles FAQ 

In reply to M H

Re: Assign a Teacher

by M H -

I see my error.

Enrol people first in the specific course, then I can change their assigned role.