Turn Editing On function disappeared

Turn Editing On function disappeared

by Susan Ruckdeschel -
Number of replies: 11

I am using 1.9.3 and my "turn editing on" function fron the front page disappeared.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Ruckdeschel

Re: Turn Editing On function disappeared

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you by error given yourself any other roles  on the front page, such as student? Are you the admin and if not, might your admin have given you a different front page role? This is one reason why your turn editing on button might have disappeared.

by Susan Ruckdeschel -

I checked that and it is all in place, admin as well as student.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you the admin? If you are able to give me a temporary admin log in I am happy to take a look - I use 1.9 at my school  so still work with it on a daily basis.

by Susan Ruckdeschel -

Ok - do you have an email I can send the login info to?

by Mary Cooch -

If you click on my  name, that takes you to my profile and you should see a "send message " option there - that will send a private message to me.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Susan Ruckdeschel -

FYI:  My email is sdeschel@gmail.com - it isn't the one I have in Moodle.

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - I can see the turn editing on button all the way down past the courses and near the site news. Are you saying that you can't see it there?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Susan Ruckdeschel -

Yes, I see it...it moved on me! I didn't think to look down. How do I move it back, with Blocks edit?  That entire block needs to be at the top right-hand side.

by Mary Cooch -

Have you recently added some information to the front page central section -where the photo and text is? I notice they have been copied and pasted from Microsoft Word and that very often corrupts your layout -it's not impossible the pasting from Word has shifted everything down. You could perhaps try adding the photo and text again but typing  in manually and then seeing if the edit button appears back where it should.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Susan Ruckdeschel -

Yes, I do cut and paste from Word...so much content, but I'll try re-doing the upper part.  I guess it doesn't matter if it is only for my admin. purposes.  Thanks, Mary.