unable to download logs in excel format

unable to download logs in excel format

by محمد یوسفی -
Number of replies: 2

hello

i'm using the moodle 1.9. When I download the report in Excel format; The download file is 0 bytes in size.

plz help me.

tnx

Average of ratings: -
In reply to محمد یوسفی

Re: unable to download logs in excel format

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mm try it in csv format and open in Excel that should work. This is why I keep a test copy of the current production site on my local machine. I find something not working, I try it locally, if it is working then I usually replace the files on the server with copies of those from my local machine - using FTP. That seems to work more often than not.

In the meantime, you might want to download the latest update to v1.9 and unzip to your local machine. Go through the folders looking for the php files that make the conversion and when you find them, replace the server files with those from the fresh update. OR you might just update your site to the last v1.9. If I recall, support for v1.9 is now ending, it has only been security updates so you may want to reconsider upgrading to v2.x... soon. Cheers...   

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to محمد یوسفی

Re: unable to download logs in excel format

by Cameron Penna -

To test if it's trying to make the file too large (and therefore breaks before writing) do an export of just 1 day.