Google Apps integration: No more google Apps integration with 2.4

Google Apps integration: No more google Apps integration with 2.4

by Urs Giezendanner -
Number of replies: 5

I just upgraded to 2.4.

I had 4 errors messages, for each of the google apps parts one.

Get 2.4 working with deleting the google apps parts away. 

Because Google Apps integration is one of the important parts of my moodles, I downgraded to 2.3.3.

But how to go forward?

Or: Does anyone get it working

Urs

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Giezendanner

Re: Google Apps integration: No more google Apps integration with 2.4

by Dan Poltawski -

Hi Urs,

Can you be more specific about which Google apps integration you are talking about?

In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Urs Giezendanner -

Hi Dan

Sorry, of course, I can. I used this to bring it wworking under 2.3.3:

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Google_Apps_Integration#Moodle_2.0_support_now_available

by Urs Giezendanner -

I tryed at new in the sandbox:

It works with moodle 2.4.1.

So this issue is closed.

Urs

by Ignacio Verona -

Hi Urs, 

I'm also using 2.4.1 and can't get gApps integration working. I've tried to download the required plugins here:

https://code.google.com/p/moodle-google/downloads/list

but can't get them to install. May you please point me to the instructions you followed for the clean installation? 

thanks a lot in advance. 

In reply to Ignacio Verona

by David Morrow -

Hello all,

I am also interested, so any and all information would be appreciated. The short version of my need is that we want the Google Apps usernames to include either the student or teacher domain, as appropriate (i.e. teacher@school.com or student@schoolstu.org)

A few specifics for our situation:

• Moodle 2.4
  • Google Apps for Education account in place
  • Two domains verified - all certs and keys in place (as far as I can tell)
  • Primary domain (teachers/admin) - school.com
  • Secondary domain (students) - schoolstu.org

I have mainly used the instructions from:

but have read everything else that I could find.

I was under the impression that a student logged into Moodle and could then click one of the links in the Google Apps block and immediately be logged into his Google Apps account (and that that account would be created at that point if it did't already exist). That hasn't been the case, but we do get the following:

1. Using the Google User Sync Block - I add a user to the list of users being synced
  2. Run the moodlename/blocks/gdata/cron.php
  3. Student is created as a google user and can then follow the Google apps link into his shiny new Google account.

(It appears that the student needs to have logged into Moodle between steps 1 and 2 for step 3 to work)

This is all well and good and would suffice - except that the Google user name is generated as username@school.com for both teachers and students, where we would like for the student accounts to be created using the student domain (username@schoolstu.org, in this instance).

In Piers Harding's documentation at https://github.com/piersharding/moodle-google/blob/master/auth/gauth/README.txt, I read this:

Multiple Domains:
If you want to allow multiple domains access in, then set domainname to a comma delimited list of the valid domains.
This will not work with the Enable GAPPS domain specific login option.

Which sounds pretty close to what we want, but I may be reading too much into it. Our problem has not been allowing the two domains' users into Google, but rather assigning their usernames in Google based on their domain - using their email addresses, basically.

The last post in the discussion:

Sounded promising, but did not work for me.

Any ideas? I can supply whatever more information would help.

Thanks in advance!

David