New Choice Mod - includes "limit"

New Choice Mod - includes "limit"

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've been working on a new choice mod that allows you to give a limit to the number of responses each choice can have - this allows you to use it to book field trips, lab session times, projects etc etc. - I'm still working on the way it displays the info to a student,

feel free to log in as a teacher, create your own student accounts and play here:
http://learn2.lincoln.ac.nz/dev

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: New Choice Mod - includes "limit"

by Karrie V -
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!  Please share!!!!
In reply to Karrie V

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Karrie,

Here's the latest version - I think it's almost ready to commit to 1.5 - I'm keen to get a few people to test/play around with it before I do - if you get a chance to have a look, let me know what you think! - just overwrite your existing Mod\choice directory  - this mod is only compatible with 1.5 and shouldn't be installed on a production site (yet)

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dan Marsden -
here's the Lang file
lang\en\choice.php
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Karrie V -

I cant wait to test it out only one problem..... I dont have 1.5 installed yet.  My district wants to wait until it is released before we install it.  I guess I will have to wait .....I hope not too long, I really want to use it.  Thanks a million for sharing it with me!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!  I wish I knew a thing or two about programming - then I would be able to fix my site and things would work great....until then I just wait and hope that people respond to my posts!  Some day hopefully I will be able to create something as awesome as this

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you have a status on this? It's something I am very interested in and would be happy to assist (or just do) adding this into the 1.5dev code as it would be good to see in the 1.5 release.

Let me know smile
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Actually - if you want another suggestion... Something that would be useful would be an option at the end of the choice time period (when it closes) to randomly assign the students who haven't answered accross the choices. This would be very handy for room/essay/tutorial bookings etc.

...and sorry Dan - you can clearly update that stuff yourself. Missed who I was talking to
blush
In reply to Howard Miller

by Dan Marsden -

No worries Howard! - thanks for putting the Lang file in, I should have done that earlier! - I've got a few small things to change on the reporting side and the way it views everything, - I should have it in CVS by the end of the day.

smile

Dan

In reply to Howard Miller

by Howard Miller -
Thanks Dan! I'm on the case with the auto-allocation now. I'll let you know how it goes.