Missing icons and images

Missing icons and images

by Tony Pattinson -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle version 2.3.1 on Wamp localhost server.

After some initial difficulties I have got Moodle more or less running. It is the first time I have installed it so it is not a version upgrade related problem.

So far I have identified two problems.

Problem 1. Urgent solution needed. None of the Moodle Icons or uploaded images are working. All I get displayed are the alternate texts.

Problem 2. Solution needed when I start developing courses. The multi language feature does not work.

Initially I had a problem with the curl and intl php extensions. After some forum searching I was able to solve the curl problem by downloading another copy of the curl extinsion. I did not find a solution for the intl extension. It is enabled in the php.ini file.

Any help in resolving these issues would be appreciated by this sailing instructor (I can spell software but that's about the limit of my capabilites smile)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Pattinson

Re: Missing icons and images

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

For problem 1 first make sure that your Moodle and Moodledata directories are writeable by the web user. Often this problem is caused by insufficient permissions, especially to the Moodledata folder (which should be outside your web root).

Then try turning off the 'Use slash arguments' option under Site administration / Server / HTTP.

See the Images do not display on my moodle site discussion too...

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Tony Pattinson -

Thanks Luis

I don't get any error messages when I manually add users or update my profile data so I presume the directories are writeable. Turning off the slash arguments made no change. I looked through the posts on the link you gave me but did not find anything that seemed similar.

Any other suggestions

by Tony Pattinson -

Problem 1 SOLVED whooopeeeee.

As  a brand new user I decided to dump everything I had and perform a brand new install.

I now have icons and pictures.

However the new install still has problem 2. Even though the php.ini file has the intl extension enabled moodle is still not recognising it. I plan on having course material in both English and French so I presume I will need this extension to work.

Any suggestions folks?

by Frederic Nevers -

Are you sure you're editing the right php.ini file? There are sometimes multiple files if you're running in a shared server (one for PHP4, another for PHP5, etc.)

Did you also restart apache (or other webserver) after making the changes to the php.ini file?

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Tony Pattinson -

Hi Frederic

Thanks for you reply.

I may not have been changeing the correct php.ini file. As you will see above the problem was resolved by a fresh install. I was restarting the WAMP server services again after all changes. Learned to do that when playing with WAMP and Wordpresssmile