image upload as answer

image upload as answer

by Neil Haskins -
Number of replies: 6
I have a teacher who wants me to create a quiz question which asks students to draw and label a graph. This doesn't seem to be possible with any of the standard question types (unless we want ASCII art smile Does anyone know of any question type, or method to either: 1. Give students a simple drawing interface, perhaps something like the khanacademy scratchpad, with the finished drawing being uploaded as answer; or, 2. have a file upload box as a question answer field. Obviously this would be teacher marked, and I know the "draw a graph" question could be removed from the quiz and implemented as an assignment, but it seems like it would compromise the flow, and not give as good of an experience. Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neil Haskins

Re: image upload as answer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Which version of Moodle? Since Moodle 2.1, the Essay question type supports attachments.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Neil Haskins -
We have 2.3 I found the "moodle media" icon in tinyMCE, is that what you're talking about? I couldn't figure out how to get that to work last night, but I'll continue with that today. Thanks.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Neil Haskins -

I believe my problem is that the "insert image" button does not show me the file picker, but ratherI get an "Insert/edit image" dialog (picture attached) where the only way to add an image is to reference it's url. I'm trying to find the option for this, but my searches haven't turned up anything just yet.

I'll post when I find it.

Attachment insert.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Neil Haskins

by Neil Haskins -
In reply to Neil Haskins

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Neil. Can you just clarify that you have this problem ONLY with the quiz essay question or you have it with ALL instances on your Moodle where you try to upload an image? I'm asking because the forum thread you linked to is related to adding an image to the front page site description and the tracker is related to not being able to add an image in assignment feedback - so neither is essay questions, but it might be that your image uploading problem is wider than that.

In reply to Neil Haskins

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Neil, PoodLL works as you described in method 1. You can draw a picture over an uploaded image and that is uploaded as the response to the question when the whiteboard save button is pressed. There is a demo on this page, the whiteboard drawing picture is the third in the quiz. http://demo.poodll.com/mod/quiz/view.php?id=40 Login as username: 20 , password: 20 ( or any user from 01-50) Admin credentials are on the top page. Justin