Missing grades in a grade book

Missing grades in a grade book

by Sami Hwang -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

We are currently using Moodle 2.1 and have one completion exam at the end of all activities.

Students are supoosed to take that exam. If they get a right answer  more than 14 questions ( more than 70%), they can pass. If not, they will be failed. Under this scenario, what is the best way to adjust the gradebook setting? I selected the letter and edited pass or fail based upon students' score range.

When I did that, the grades did not appear, somehow. Two students have taken the exam for the test purpose. Their grades or scores did not appear. Could anyone tell me what cause this issue and how to resolve it? 

Attachment Capture4.gif
In reply to Sami Hwang

Re: Missing grades in a grade book

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
When you have editing turned on, are the grade entry boxes shaded? There is a bug that is causing grades to become overridden. Are the grades showing in the quiz itself under the attempts?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sami Hwang -

Hello Emma, thank you so much for the reply.

No, the grade entry boxes are not shaded.

Can I ask what kind of the bug you refer to???

The grades are shown in the quiz itself.

The attached picture is the current setting of our gradebook.

Our quiz scenario is quite similiar to the following posting from

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=214665

My front end setting has some issues or it might be a database issue?

A course with single quiz in it. Quiz contains ALWAYS of 30 questions, and only grade scale is needed to be PASS or FAIL where pass is anything above 20 correct questions(not percentage). What I need is instead of A,B,C to show PASS or FAIL depending on result of the quiz test. Preferably to print that at the end of the test instead of 1 out of 20, or 26% or similar that I have seen already. Like YOU FAILED MISSERABLY or YOU PWNED IT if you know what I mean ;)

Attachment moodleGrade.PNG
In reply to Sami Hwang

by Sami Hwang -

Hello  Emma,

I just read one of your replies. You said,

"With editing on, click on the edit icon by the grade entry box and see is overridden is checked - if it is, uncheck and your grade should appear."

Where is the grade entry box you refer to? Is it on simple or full view page?

Sami