Adding an image to the front page

Adding an image to the front page

by Marie Broxholme -
Number of replies: 0

Sorry for posting this again, I've looked at other posts and tried to change the logo several times but I still can't get this to work.

I need someone to explain what URL path I need to use to upload my image and if I need to upload my image into Moodle first and if so how I do this.

In my Moodle dir I have a dir called TLC_cycle1\images\ in here I have some images, these are just copied to this place.  So when I edit the front page settings I add the following as the URL to the image:

/TLC_cycle1/images/tlc_banner

For confirmation TLC_cycle1 is in the moodle dir and also under the moodle dir is the server dir....  I've also copied the folders in the server dir and tried adding the URL but still no joy.  I notice that it says that some themes logos can't be change so I've tried 3 different themes so far but again no joy.

I think I have to upload the image into moodle somehow, I read a few older posts which say under admin, server there is a server files options but I dont have this.  I am using Moodle 2.3.

Any help will be great.  Also if someone could explain more about images and how they are stored.  For example if I wanted to re use an image through the site it seems I need to upload this again and again and it gets stored more that once etc.  Is this the correct way to do it or can I create an area where all images are stored only once.

Thanks in advance.

Marie

Average of ratings: -