Missing Toolbars

Missing Toolbars

by Sam Black -
Number of replies: 2
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question but this was the closest place I could find.

I've noticed something odd recently after the last couple of updates. The toolbars on the editors are gone. No longer am I able to edit anything in a WYSIWYG environment, nor am I able to link to files or images and upload them. I have checked my profile settings. I have ensured the TinyMCE editor is enabled.

How do I get these back? Have I just messed things up beyond repair? Will my other teachers and all our students be doomed to hate me for performing normal updates? Help?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Black

Re: Missing Toolbars

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

This is happening to me, from time to time, as well. Most annoying, actually. Every time it happens, I empty the cache and restart the browser. Seems to do the trick for me if it is a new course.  If it is an existing course, or one that has been restored, in the bottom left corner of the editing screen, there can be a text box with a  dropdown list, one of which is HTML Format. Save and return to the course, return to the front page, then reenter the course, turn editing on, and return to the specific section, and the TinyMCE editor interface should now be there. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Missing Toolbars

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Sam and Colin,

If you are still seeing this problem, it would be extremely useful for you to file a bug in the tracker and to include any errors reported on the Javascript console.

Damyon