Does the metacourse enrollment not transfer roles?

Does the metacourse enrollment not transfer roles?

by jacob snovel -
Number of replies: 3

I have metacourses set up so that I can enroll groups or individuals in one class and it will automatically enroll them in the rest of the courses they need. 

This works for giving them access BUT the role doesn't transfer with the student. They are just in the class but have no role at all. Did I do something incorrectly? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jacob snovel

Re: Does the metacourse enrollment not transfer roles?

by Teresa Gibbison -

Take a minute to check the meta link enrolment settings via the site Admin page (Site administration  Plugins   Enrolments  Course meta link in Moodle 2.x - sorry I can't remember where it was in 1.9).  

Make sure the roles are not selected in the 'Roles that are not synchronised' section as that will add the user but prevent the role from syncing.

Cheers & I hope this helps
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Gail Austin -

I am having the same problem - I used course metalink enrollment and now I have 9,400 users registered for a course with no role in that course. I checked the setting you mentioned above and no roles were selected in Roles That Are Not Synchronized. The users were all assigned the Student role in the "enrollment source" course. PLEASE HELP - I have no idea how to give all these users the Student role in the actual courses now! I am on Moodle 2.0

In reply to Gail Austin

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Gail, sorry for the delay 

Can you confirm you have checked the 'Roles that are not synchronised' option in Site administration  Plugins   Enrolments  Course meta link

The only way I'm able to replicate having users with no role is to have the role selected in that option.  I have found I need to remove the linked course and add it again after changing the 'Roles that are not synchronised' option so you might need to remove the linked courses fix that setting then add them again.

Unfortunately the default for 'Roles that are not synchronised' option is 'None' but once you've selected one role there is no 'un-select' option so I've resorted to selecting 'Guest' as the role least likely to affect my development site mixed 

Cheers & I hope this helps
Teresa