Moodle Migration from one server to another with GoDaddy

Moodle Migration from one server to another with GoDaddy

by Gary Lebowitz -
Number of replies: 2

Can someone tell me what information I should put into the config.php file of a new server after moving from an old one? I backed up the database prior to the move as well as the entire file structure of the old server from the root, and this included Moodle 2.3.2. But I am getting an error message saying to check my config.php. I looked at the IP address of the new database and know the absolute path up to /html on the GoDaddy server, but I can't get things to work. An alternative might be to simply reinstall Moodle 2.3.2 perhaps, but my MySQL database has some data in it, and the installation manual says to start with an empty one. There is also the question of where to put the moodledata file in a shared environment like that of GoDaddy. Any help would make life much easier. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lebowitz

Re: Moodle Migration from one server to another with GoDaddy

by Doug Moody -

Gary,

I left GoDaddy after years using it for Moodle. Glad I left, because my new site is so much more responsive and straightforward.

But, to your problem...

The best advice I would give is to create a new database on GoDaddy and IMPORT the info from your old database.

Additionally, understand that GoDaddy hides the moodledata folder. You won' thave direct access to it, and that creates its own issues.

Good luck!