Reverse a scale that's already in use?

Reverse a scale that's already in use?

by Lisa Wiebenga -
Number of replies: 2

Help! One of our instructors created a scale for use with a weekly assignment. Essentially she just wants to mark whether or not the student turned something in or did not. Her scale is "yes, no". In that order. If my understanding of scales is correct, her gradebook is no recording a 0/1 for the "yes" and a 1/1 for the "no", which of course, is the complete opposite of what she would intend to record.

We're in our 4th week and this grade scale has been used on 10 assignments. Does anyone know of any way, short of dumping the scores and regrading ALL ten assignments, to reverse/change the scale?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

In reply to Lisa Wiebenga

Re: Reverse a scale that's already in use?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Make a new scale with the scores reversed. Then edit the settings of the assignment(s) to use this new scale instead. The students' work should be automatically regraded.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Reverse a scale that's already in use?

by Lisa Wiebenga -

Thanks. I did create a new scale and applied it to all the assignments using the old scale. I had to re-grade everything, though, because it saved the reverse (scale as it was in the old version). For instance - everyone that has a YES in the first version, had a NO in the second version (because it recorded the position within the scale).