Removal of chart in quiz grades

Removal of chart in quiz grades

by Chris Wheatland -
Number of replies: 10

I'd quite like to get rid of the annoying red graph under the grades listed in the 'attempts' section of a quiz but I don't know how. My reason for doing this is that the grades are extremely irritating to navigate since they don't fit on the same screen as their scroll bar and scrolling across to see which questions particular pupils found difficult is almost impossible as I have to scroll down below the bar chart, then across, then back up again, by which point I've lost the names of the pupils.

Is there a way to make this task any easier? Removal of the bar chart would move the scroll bar up underneath the grades 'spreadsheet', making life a bit easier I think, but is there something fundamental that I can do to make things much easier to navigate?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Wheatland

Re: Removal of chart in quiz grades

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The simplest thing would be to add an appropriate display: none; rule to the CSS in your theme.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Wheatland -

Is there a page which will tell me how to implement this somewhere? I'm a relatively quick learner but I have no idea how to implement this (though I know what box to type the CSS into).

In reply to Chris Wheatland

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Chris,

Add this CSS rule at the end of one of your current moode site's theme css files:

#page-mod-quiz-report div#report-main-content div.graph {display:none;}

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ellen Kinsel -

Wouldn't it make more sense for this to be a setting when creating the quiz?

For example,

Display results graph? yes/no

In reply to Ellen Kinsel

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

No. Adding another settings is the answer of last resort when designing software. The quiz settings form is already too long, and adding more settings relating to trivialities is the wrong way to go.

Actually, the situation we are in: a good default that is right for most people, and then the possibility of customising it via the theme, is good.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Heather Edick -

Hello, Joseph!  I tried to add the line you mention above to the decaf theme core.css file, which is the theme we are using.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  Do you have any other suggestions? 

In reply to Heather Edick

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I suggested that hack 2 years ago. I expect things have changed since then.

In reply to Heather Edick

by Shahab Mohd -
You have to add that line to 
theme\yourtheme\style\mode.css

It will work .. 
I tested it..
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mr. Marc -

is there away to take the Item analysis from the quiz and put that into a pie char or bar graph?

In reply to Mr. Marc

by Tim Hunt -

Two ways:

1. Download the data into a spreadsheet, and generate the graph there.

2. Add some code to the item analysis report to draw the graphs.