Forcing Quiz Submission for a grade

Forcing Quiz Submission for a grade

by Pat Evett -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I have students who will work through a quiz, achieve a maximum grade of 100% but forget to submit their assignment before the Close Date.  Is there a way to regrade these attempts so the score is pulled into the gradebook?  I am hoping to do this without manually entering the grade.

I have attached a screen shot of what I am referring to.  As the image indicates, Q1 & Q2 have been answered correctly, but because it was not submitted, they do not have a Grade.  I'm hoping to learn to things here.  Is there any way to setup an assignment which will automatically force any unsubmitted assignments for a grade based on data that has already been entered, and can these assignments be auto regraded without manual entry?  Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment Grade Screen Shot.png
In reply to Pat Evett

Re: Forcing Quiz Submission for a grade

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When you set up the quiz there are options for behavior when the quiz closes right under where you set the dates.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Pat Evett -

Thank you for your reply.  As you can see, we do not have those options located under the General Options.   I am hoping we can perform a "re-grade" and push these grades into the gradebook automatically.  

I am still open to other options.

Attachment General Options.png
In reply to Pat Evett

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The settings Emma refers to were added in Moodle 2.3. I guess you are using an older version.

The new options were added to solve this problem. There are various work-around you can use in older versions of Moodle. You aer best off asking about this in the Quiz forum.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Adebowale Adebanjo -

I am having this same problem on moodle 2.4.4

In reply to Adebowale Adebanjo

by Adebowale Adebanjo -

Resolved.

It happened because cron was not setup.

try this

http://your_moodle_url/admin/cron.php

That should force quiz submission if you set the quiz option "Submit open attemps automatically"

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Pat Evett -
Hi, Tim:

I'll write something up in Quiz with the same information.

In reply to Pat Evett

by Pat Evett -

Has it been 3 years already? Wow, anyways, this still has not been resolved unless the use of a timer/time limit is implemented. 

I'm on Moodle 2.9.