Self enrollment with admin confirmation

Self enrollment with admin confirmation

by Linda Ashby -
Number of replies: 1

I work in a adult literacy center of about 700 students with staff, volunteers and tutors making up another 200 people. Now I have installed a new version of Moodle 2.3. Previously I had been using Moodle 1.9 for a long time. In this previous version I changed: request.php and request_form.php according to someone's moodle community post so that I could confirm before they were enrolled. Before I was able to have students self-enroll as new students. They entered their names and email addresses and they received an email to confirm their email and I received an email notifying me of a new enroller.  I would check from  several different lists of names only. Then I manually sent them a welcome message, and manually went in to confirm them. It wasn't very time consuming and I believe it kept our moodle safer. In Moodle 2.3 it doesn't look like this is possible.  Is there a better option? These students don't always have or give us their emails, and so I need to have them self-register. I need to confirm that they are registered with us. I need to also confirm their email address is working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -