Sessions with Multiple Dates show as Multiple Events in the Upcoming Events Block

Sessions with Multiple Dates show as Multiple Events in the Upcoming Events Block

by Jenna Pitcher -
Number of replies: 4

All,

I found that multiday sessions display best in the calendar and in the emails if I add multiple dates to each session. 

When I do this however, each date in the session (Monday - Friday for example in 5 day course) shows up as a separate event in the Upcoming Events block.  This means that the future courses are way down the upcoming events list and it's as confucing as hell to users.

Shouldn't one session, even if it has multiple dates equal one event?  I know we all use this module differently but this does not make sense to me. 

Jenna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenna Pitcher

Re: Sessions with Multiple Dates show as Multiple Events in the Upcoming Events Block

by Stephanie Powell -

I have the same need that Jenna expresses...

I have one session, with multiple dates, but they're showing up as separate events in the Upcoming Events block.

Is there any way to have a multi-date session show up as its own single event?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

steph 

In reply to Stephanie Powell

Re: Sessions with Multiple Dates show as Multiple Events in the Upcoming Events Block

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Stephanie,

Create one session with only one "Date" but spanning multiple days.  The start time and finish time for that one "Date" will be in different days.  This is how we are handling multiple -day sessions so that they get treated as a single event.

Jenna 

In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Stephanie Powell -

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for the response.  If you do one session with only one date, spanning multiple days, how can you use the iCal function to display for the learners the correct times and dates of classes on their calendars?  I don't want them to have to guess or go searching for information.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

steph 

In reply to Stephanie Powell

by Stephanie Powell -

Hello,  Just checking back to see if there are any thoughts on how to resolve this issue.  I have One session spanning across multiple dates but not for the full day, how could I still use the iCal function so that when users sign up, they can put it on their Outlook Calendars easily?

e.g., One session on 10/15 and 10/17 from 9 am - 12:30 p.m

Thanks!

Stephanie