I have been happily using a 1.9 version of moodle with face-to-face for about 4 years, and decided to attempt an upgrade to v2.3. As per the upgrade documentation, that required going to v2.2 first.
Unfortunately, the upgrade failed for the Face-to-Face module, with this error:
Field "shortname" already exists
* line 573 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: ddl_exception thrown
* line 141 of /mod/facetoface/db/upgrade.php: call to database_manager->add_field()
* line 540 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_facetoface_upgrade()
* line 271 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
* line 1437 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
* line 269 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
I removed the module and continued with the upgrade, which succeeded, and then attempted to add the face-to-face module again, but continue to get the same error.
Is there a way to recover from this?
Thanks for any assistance.